Tracking and detection have become a crucial part of our lives. With the advancement of technology, now we have Walabot and Tile that can help us in tracking and detection. But which one is better? Let’s find out.
What is Walabot?
Walabot is a handheld device that uses radio wave technology to detect the location of objects, people, and animals, behind walls or other obstacles. It can detect metal objects, plastic pipes, wires, and studs up to 10 inches deep.
What is Tile?
Tile is a Bluetooth tracker that attaches to your keys, wallet, or other items that are commonly lost. It uses Bluetooth technology to track the location of the item and alerts you when it’s nearby. It also has a community feature where other Tile users can help you locate your lost item.
How does Walabot work?
Walabot uses radio wave technology to penetrate through walls and detect objects, people, and animals. It creates a 3D image of the detected objects and shows it on the Walabot app. It can also be used with Raspberry Pi for various DIY projects.
How does Tile work?
Tile uses Bluetooth technology to track the location of the item. When you lose your item, you can use the Tile app to make the Tile ring. If the item is out of range, you can check its last known location on the app. If it’s still missing, you can notify the Tile community to help you find your item.
Advantages of Walabot:
- Can detect objects, people, and animals behind walls and other obstacles.
- Creates a 3D image of the detected object.
- Can be used for various DIY projects.
Advantages of Tile:
- Can track the location of lost items.
- Has a community feature to help locate lost items.
- Easy to use and set up.
Disadvantages of Walabot:
- Expensive compared to Tile.
- Requires some technical knowledge to use for DIY projects.
- Does not work on smartphones.
Disadvantages of Tile:
- Works only with items that have Tile attached to them.
- Has limited range.
- Has a small battery life.
Both Walabot and Tile have different uses and advantages. Walabot is perfect for detecting objects, people, and animals behind walls or other obstacles and can be used for DIY projects. Tile, on the other hand, is perfect for tracking the location of lost items and has a community feature to help locate lost items. Therefore, the winner of the battle depends on your needs and requirements.
1. Can Walabot detect metal objects?
Yes, Walabot can detect metal objects, plastic pipes, wires, and studs up to 10 inches deep.
2. Is Tile compatible with all smartphones?
Tile is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
3. How far can Tile track the location of an item?
Tile has a range of up to 200 feet.
4. Can Walabot be used with Raspberry Pi?
Yes, Walabot can be used with Raspberry Pi for various DIY projects.
5. Is Tile waterproof?
No, Tile is not waterproof.
6. How long does the Tile battery last?
The Tile battery lasts for about a year.
7. How much does Walabot cost?
Walabot costs around $80.
8. How do I attach Tile to my keys or wallet?
You can attach Tile to your keys or wallet using the adhesive on the back of Tile or using Tile’s keyring accessory.
9. Can I replace the battery in Tile?
No, the battery in Tile is not replaceable. You will have to buy a new Tile after the battery dies.
10. How does the Tile community feature work?
When you notify the Tile community about your lost item, other Tile users will be alerted if they are within range of your item. If they find your item, they can update its location on the app, and you will be notified.